Monday, February 13, 2012

SUMMER or FALL?

Most of my fashion inspirations either come the exact opposite on the color spectrum.
So I am asking the public on a vote! I need your help viewers! I need to know what the look is for the moment? Would you rather be rocking the street in bright tropical colors with very light fabrics or neutral fabrics with a heavier touch?

Storyboard #1 introduces an array of textured fabric. There are a lot of layers being worn, and most layers are made out of thick fabric. There is a Native American theme this story board is leaning towards. I can not step away from having no bright colors, so I threw in a red to spice up the browns! There are a lot of diagonal angles, I love asymmetrical styles and things that look off balanced. This storyboard theme is leaning towards a look that you could wear out with the girls, or out on the town for the night in the Fall. So if you are looking for a dressy causal style then this might be the storyboard for you.

Storyboard #2 is a neon mess! The silhouette is very short. The fabrics are very loose, and there are not many layers. The fabric flows and is fit to the body. These colors are very bold so if you are looking for a dress to make a statement for an event this is the storyboard for you!


So now it is up to you! A night out with the girls or a fashion statement for the century?

13 comments:

  1. Can I say WOW?! Your layouts are very readable. The first board has really nice textures and bring in a great Native American feel. Also, your "neon mess" is well played out. It downplays the neon just enough to keep it from being overwhelming while staying fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your fall, knit and leather storyboard. Great color palette, and easy, chic layers. I love the native american feel I get from your board!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the texture represented in your Fall Storyboard! I really like the idea of a worn and weathered look, which always goes great with the Native American theme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with Rosemary about your "neon mess". Several people chose neon as one of there boards and I think yours is one of the more successful. Definitely super bright but kept simple to keep from going blind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your format, it makes your boards look very professional. Your neon board is my favorite. The images seem very well thought out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. On the first storyboard, for the title , I would make it more relate more to the overall theme than breaking it down for the reader up front. It tells them what they're going to see before they see it , and your boards are good enough to where they can speak for themselves. If there's any grey area- the summaries afterwards should clear it up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't choose one! They are both so appropriate for each season. Obviously you couldn't wear those layers in the summer, and those summer outfits in the winter, so I say both are great! Nice boards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both boards are awesome, the layout and the board around your images gives your boards a very clean finish. I also think the color and fabric choice are perfect for each season.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Neon is all the rage now for spring! I am really interested in your second board.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE your neon mess story board!!! i did neon for one of my boards too and i feel like looking at how you did yours really makes me wish i had organized mine differently!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i would love to rock the thicker heavy lines of leather and neutral knits! though i prefer the neons on other people.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm really liking the textures in your knit and leather board, I like how leather and knit re-invent themselves to stay current to trends.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love the textures from your first board, but i like the colors from your second board. i can't pick a favorite. there are things i like about each one.

    ReplyDelete