Monday, February 27, 2012

What's going on at the moment...

Currently I am working on two projects: one for my fashion accessories class and the other is for my fashion design class. Both of the projects go hand in hand. For my accessories class we have 5 different elements we have to incorporate into each of the 5 projects we do this semester, and one of the elements is to design a piece for a specific garment. Right now I am working on a garment for my fashion design class that was inspired by pop art. The inspiration has a lot of bright colors, influenced by Andy Warhol. I found a really bright rose flowered fabric that I am obsessed with, and the flower inspired me to create a huge neon flower on my dress. This flower was the main inspiration for my purse I am creating for fashion accessories.



These are the fabrics that I am using for my competition garment. The middle fabric is the fabric that was inspired by pop art, and the neon yellow fabric is what I made my flower out of and what I used for my purse.







The two pictures above are the "in the making" of my competition garment!


This is my neon flower that is going to go on the side of my dress where all the gathers meet up. This is what inspired my purse..



And this is my finished purse for fashion accessories that relates to my fashion design project!

No comments:

Post a Comment